One of the latest additions to the already impressive list of fuel credit cards in India is IDFC First Bank’s Power Plus credit card in association with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL). The IDFC First HPCL Power Plus credit card can save you up to Rs.18500/- annually (175+ litres worth of fuel). The card’s joining fee is Rs 499/- + GST and renewal fee is also Rs 499/- + GST.
The welcome benefits include gifts worth Rs 1650/- along with lifestyle privileges such as complimentary domestic airport lounge access, Personal Accident Cover, up to 25% off on movie tickets, and much more.
Right now, HPCL IDFC First Power Plus is the best credit card that gives you better benefits on re-fuel than its peers. So, if you are looking for decent rewards on refuelling, then this card is the perfect choice for you.
IDFC First HPCL Power Plus Credit Card Overview
|Rs. 499/- + GST
|Rs. 499/- + GST
|– ₹500 cashback on 1st HPCL fuel transaction of ₹500 and above (within 30 days of card set up)
– 5% cash back up to ₹1,000 on your first EMI conversion within 30 days of card activation
|– 5% rewards on grocery and utility expenses and IDFC FIRST FASTag.
– 4% on Fuel + 1% fuel surcharge waived off
– 0.5% on all other retail transactions.
|Annual Fee waiver
|On spend of ₹150,000 in the previous year.
HPCL IDFC First Power Plus Credit Card Pros and Cons
|– Good savings through rewards on fuel and utility expenses
– Protection through insurance cover
– Interest free cash withdrawal
– Annual fee waiver
|– Joining and annual fees
– HP Pay app needed for 1.5% additional reward
Highlights/ Product details/ Benefit & Reward structure:
- Movie & Food– 25% off on movie tickets up to Rs. 100 once per month and Rs. 150 discounts on all orders above Rs. 500 with Swiggy.
- Travel– Complimentary domestic airport lounge access once every quarter and Complimentary roadside assistance worth Rs. 1,399 four times a year.
- Domestic Lounge Access– Complimentary domestic airport lounge access once every quarter
- Insurance Benefits– The benefit of a personal accident loan cover of Rs. 2,00,000.
- Zero Liability Protection– Card liability is covered for Rs. 25,000 on lost cards
Read rates and charges on IDFC First Bank website.
Fee & Charges
Rewards Redemption Fee– Rs. 99 on every redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup– 3.5% on all international transactions
Interest Rates– 0.75% to 3.5% per month and 9% to 42% annually
Cash Advance Charges– Rs. 199 as a cash advance fee.
Add-on Card Fee– Nil
HPCL IDFC First Power Plus Credit Card Benefits
Fuel benefits: This card saves 4% as rewards on HPCL fuel and LPG expenses of up to ₹10,000 monthly. Additionally you can save 1.5% as Payback Rewards through HP Pay App for up to ₹5,000 monthly expense and waive off of 1% on fuel surcharge waiver on fuel expenses of up to ₹20,000 monthly.
Grocery & Utility and IDFC FIRST FASTag– On Grocery & Utility bill payments you can save 5% rewards on expenses of up to ₹2,000 monthly and 5% Rewards on IDFC FIRST FASTag recharge of up to ₹1,000 monthly.
Other Retail transactions– On all remaining category flat 3% rewards will be given on spent of Rs 150 excluding Non-HPCL fuel, Insurance premium, EMI transactions & Cash withdrawals. This reward system is applicable on UPI transactions as well.
Reward Point Structure
Value of 1 Reward Point = RS 0.25
|HPCL Fuel & LPG
|24 Rewards per ₹150
|Maximum 1600 reward per month
|Grocery & Utility Bill
|30 Rewards per ₹150
|400 reward per month
|IDFC FIRST FASTag
|IDFC FIRST FASTag
|200 reward per month
|HP Pay App
|6 Payback Rewards per ₹100
|300 reward per month
|All other eligible transaction
|3 Rewards per ₹150
Essentially, you can only earn a total of 1600 reward points if we exclude HP Pay App rewards. Meaning if you spend Rs 10,000 per month on fuel or LPG, you will save Rs 400/-.
Lifestyle Benefits and Privileges
- On a minimum monthly spend of Rs 5,000, you will receive complimentary access to the domestic airport lounge once per quarter
- Complimentary Roadside Assistance worth Rs 1,399
- Each month, save 25% on movie tickets up to Rs 100
- A personal accident insurance cover of Rs 2,000,000 and a lost credit card liability insurance cover of Rs 25,000
- With an Add-on card boost your savings without any extra charges.
- Refer your friends and earn 2,000 Rewards for every card set-up (Maximum 10,000 Rewards)
Welcome benefits & merchant offers
With all above exciting benefits bank is including following Welcome benefits & merchant offers with this card –
- Rs 500 cashback on 1st HPCL fuel transaction of ₹500 or above within 30 days of card set-up
- 5% cashback (up to ₹1,000) on the transaction of 1st EMI conversion within 30 days of card set-up
- Rs 150 Discount on order above ₹500 on Swiggy
- Rs 500 Discount on ZoomCar rentals
- Get a 50% discount on domestic and international rental cars with Eco Rent A Car or Europcar
All in all, HPCL IDFC First Bank’s Power Plus credit card is a great pick if your primary need here is refuelling. Reward structure is easy to understand and additional benefits also make it a winner for your pocket.
Joining fees and annual fees are the only let-downs for this card but if you have higher spends as mentioned above, then this would be a better option as compared to another offering by same duo- HPCL IDFC First Power credit card, that saves you up to 65 litres of fuel and comes with lower charges.