Kotak UPI RuPay credit card is a virtual credit card that’s lifetime free and curated especially for rewards on UPI transactions. The card is issued only to existing Kotak credit card holders. You can use the Kotak UPI RuPay credit card to make online as well as offline transactions after linking it with UPI apps and earn reward while doing it. It’s a virtual card only, meaning you won’t get a physical card.
Kotak UPI RuPay Credit Card Overview
|Issued only to existing Kotak credit card customers
|3 reward points per Rs 100 spent on UPI as well as regular transactions*
Fees & Charges
- Joining Fee: Nil
- Annual Fee: Nil
- Finance Charges: 3.5% p.m. (42% p.a.)
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3.5% of the transaction value + GST
- Cash Advance Fee: NA
- Reward Redemption Fee: NA
- Over Limit Charges: Rs 500
- Rent Transaction Fee: 1% of the Transaction Amount + GST.
- Add-on Card fee: NA.
- Note: GST as applicable on fees and charges. See full details here at Kotak Mahindra Bank’s website.
Kotak UPI RuPay Credit Card Rewards
- Earn 3 reward points per every Rs 100 spent through UPI or regular transactions.
- Regular transactions include online, e-commerce and international transactions made virtually.
- Every 1,000 reward points are equivalent to Rs 100. Meaning, the value of 1 reward point is 10 paisa.
- Minimum 1,000 reward points are required for redemption.
- No capping limit on earning reward points.
- No reward points are earned on fuel, rent, railway, wallet loading, EMI, education and balance transfer transactions.
A simple calculation shows that you have to spend around Rs 33,333 to accumulate 1,000 reward points worth Rs 100 and that too in eligible categories.
That’s a really low reward rate of 0.3%, probably the lowest among other virtual UPI cards out there.
The reward points can be redeemed through the Kotak Rewards portal on various categories such as domestic travel & flights, mobile recharges, vouchers and purchase of products in the catalog.
Other than reward points and ease of doing UPI payments, the card offers no additional benefits that are pretty standard even for virtual cards.
- No fuel surcharge waiver
- No railway surcharge waiver
- No lounge access
- No welcome offer
- The reward rate is also very low.
In comparison, YES Bank’s virtual RuPay credit card gives you better rewards (up to 8X points) along with fuel surcharge waiver, lower forex mark-up and other features.
Kotak UPI RuPay credit card is a very simple offering from the Bank. It’s not complicated and you get it knowing what it is – a lifetime free, virtual only credit card that gives you something back on qualified purchases.
There is no reason to get this card other than that you want to make UPI payments using your credit card.
How to Apply
Applying for the Kotak UPI RuPay credit card is tricky. Either you request your Branch or do so online after initiating the online application process at the Kotak Mahindra’s official website. The Bank has not made a direct link available for UPI RuPay card application yet.
- Customer should be in the age bracket of 18 years to 65 years and a resident of India.
- Customer should be an existing Kotak Credit Card holder.